How to make sure your Job Posting is Unique?
1. Know your Candidate Requirement
What kind of candidate you are opening the vacancy for? When choosing the role, it needs to be clear whether is it for freshers, with 3+ years of experience, or with specific skill requirements. This helps you target the right audience at the right time. When we know this, we will write the job posting that matches my candidates' needs accordingly. Choose your job posting platform wisely, as the right platform with keywords will provide a good reach among job seekers. If there is a time constraint, Utilise job portals to hire a quality candidate.
2. Introduce your Company Briefly
We name the vacancy you have opened and discuss the company. Candidates looking for a job want to know the company first. They will research the growth and number of employees you have. We must showcase in brief what we are as a company. Where we stand regarding goals and vision to take the business forward. When there is an on-demand product and you are growing as a company, any candidate who matches the job description would like to apply for the role.
3. Describe the Team to the Applicant
The team is an important thing for a candidate. A little description of the team makes the candidate look forward to joining. Describe the strength of the team in the job posting. Let the applicant know if they have a reporting manager. A team, for a matter of fact, excites a person to apply. As there is a quick understanding of growth, especially career growth. Thus, right after you describe the role, and the company, we describe the team presumably they'll be joining.
4. To the point Job Description
Job posting example:
1. Job Title: Social Media Manager
2. Company: XYZ Company
3. Location: San Francisco, CA
4. Job Type: Full-time
5. Salary: $60,000-$80,000 per year
6. Benefits: 401k, health insurance, paid vacation
7. Job Description: XYZ Company is seeking a social media manager to join our team. In this role, you will manage our social media accounts, create and execute social media campaigns, and engage with our online community.
8. Requirements: -2+ years of experience in social media management -Experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat -Excellent written and verbal communication skills
9. How to Apply: Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com and include “Social Media Manager” in the subject line. 10. Application Deadline: March 31, 2018
We can elaborate a few lines for candidates' better understanding. Crisp is fine, but little description helps candidates decide to apply for the job.
5. Job Requirements that Fulfil the Criteria
Mention the following qualifications that are required for the position, For Example:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- At least five years of experience in a leadership role in a healthcare organization.
- A demonstrated track record of success in leading and managing change.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to work independently and take initiative.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to use computers and software applications, including Microsoft Office.
Except that you can mention any software or other tools used often in office work. If they know the tools to handle it, it's a plus.
6. Perks of Joining the Company
Jobseekers look for this section, which mentions what they will get if they join your company. Some of the benefits of joining you can say, the company includes a competitive salary. Comprehensive benefits package. A supportive and collaborative work environment. The opportunities for professional development and career growth. We must describe the highlights in brief. To maintain a work-life balance in the company, you as a recruiter, offer this every quarter.
7. The Salary Range you are Offering
The salary range is important in a job posting because it helps to attract qualified candidates. It also helps to set expectations for the position and can help to negotiate a fair salary. We must stay honest with the salary range. As it will be easy for qualified candidates to aim for that particular salary when they sit for the interview. Job description matches their skill but if the salary range is less, they will not choose to apply. Accordingly, have research on market salary and arrange a budget for your new hire.
8. Surf Quality Candidate
Describe at the end, how you are urgently looking for somebody to onboard to this new role. Assignments usually are best to quality check the candidates. We should mention the number of rounds one will go through during the interview. Clearing the assignment is as important as clearing the rounds. As a recruiter, you can bring in teammates to better understand the candidate's technical knowledge. One round with the team also gives an idea of their management skill in a group. What later we can say a team player.
9. Format of Job Posting-1
Job posting for Developer (Objective): We are looking for a Developer to join our team! As a Developer, you will be responsible for working with our team of developers to create new features and functionality for our web applications. You will also be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues with our existing applications. Requirements for the position include:
-Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
-Experience with PHP, MySQL, and Apache -Familiarity with Linux/Unix operating systems
-Ability to work independently and as part of a team
-Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
-Salary range for this role is 8 lakhs to 10 lakhs per annum
-We encourage higher studies and support in skill development
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Format of Job Posting-2
Job Posting for Marketing Manager (Subjective): The Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and executing marketing plans and programs supporting organizational objectives. They will oversee all aspects of marketing including market research, product development, advertising, public relations, and sales promotion. The Marketing Manager will also be responsible for developing and managing budgets and will work closely with other departments to ensure that marketing initiatives are aligned with overall business objectives.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of marketing experience and at least two years in a management role. They will have a proven track record in developing and executing successful marketing campaigns and will possess strong analytical and project management skills. In addition, the candidate should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
By joining our company, you'll have fast career growth. We monitor your performance in the company. There will be quarterly/yearly appraisals. Added to the benefits is you can pursue skill-related courses to enhance your contribution. We also overview our employee's work-life balance with a few packages that offer them efficiency at work.
This blog is dedicated to HR, who often post jobs on the professional social media platform. Hope this blog was helpful. Stay connected with Techfynder for more. Supporting throughout your recruitment process.